Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Not Too Bad




This is my first decorated cake. I didn't think it turned out too bad. Everyone did this version of a sunflower. It was really fun to do something different and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening out. I learned that this icing is a little tricky to work with. My icing turning out really stiff. I'm hoping that next week it goes a bit more smoothly.

In other noteworthy news, Jeremy's 1991 Honda Accord with 291,000 miles on it was towed away yesterday. I felt a little sentimental when it was loaded on the trailer. It's transmission has died and we can't see putting that much money in a car with so many miles on it. We are sitting here this evening researching loans and cars. Looks like we are down to a Honda Pilot or a Honda Odyssey. I'm sure we'll test drive them both and luggage space will most likely be the deciding factor. I'm secretly (well...not so secretly) hoping that I like the Pilot because I'm simply vain and don't want to return to my 16 year old days of driving a mini van!

4 comments:

Natalija said...

Hondas rule.

Unknown said...

That cake looks really good.

Anonymous said...

good job on the cake, its pretty!!! just the thought of having to learn something new right now in my life would exhaust me...not sure what that says about me but it cant be good!:) LOL i am glad you are enjoying the class! cant wait to see what you come up with for your kid's next birthdays!!!

Jeremy said...

Almost, 1993 Honda Accord SE :) but either way its getting long in the miles. It's to bad it might get fixed as we might not be able to test drive in the near future.