Monday, September 8, 2008

Potty Training Mommy

Ok, so two posts in one evening is a little over the top. Clearly I don't have a life!

Aliza and I have had one failed potty training attempt. I've been to the Dollar Tree to pick up some rewards, but I haven't purchased the training potty. Planning to stay home for a week to do this doesn't entice me at all and I just haven't risen to the challenge yet. But there are some moments, like tonight, when I'm reminded that the time is most likely upon me to do this.

Here's the story. Frequently Aliza wants to sit on the potty....for all of 15 seconds....mostly so she can wipe and flush. It was almost bath time so Jeremy took off her diaper, let her sit and since she was headed for the bathtub I said she could run around bare for a couple minutes while I folded laundry. She ate a couple grapes and while at the table said, "No poopy on the floor!" I said, "that's right. Go to the potty if you need to poop." Wrong response. The right response would have been to hightail it over to her and sit her back on the potty. You guessed it. A minute later an accident. She knew she had to go. She held it for a minute and I totally missed it!!!! I am seriously the one that needs to be trained.

1 comment:

Natalija said...

This is hilarious. I seriously had to sit and laugh for a while once I understood what'd happened. Another awesome blog for the ages. :)