Sunday, May 24, 2009

All About Josiah

In just a couple days Josiah will be 15 months old. I wish you could hear the noise he makes when he points to whatever he wants. I really should post a video. I can hear that noise ringing in my ears as I write. I can't wait until he starts saying a few words.

He had a first and a last this week. Last Sunday was his last morning nap. I have been putting him in his crib for a "rest" in the morning so that I can do a few things around the house. He talks and is happy so that works for me.

Josiah had his first time out this week. Josiah runs through boundaries. If I say don't walk in the flowerbed, he doesn't just put his toe over the line he runs through the flower bed laughing the whole time. Yesterday he was banging on the window with a block. Our windows are thin and very old and I have visions of them breaking any time. So you just can't bang on them. Well, Josiah was looking at me and laughing while he was banging on the window so I knew that he knew what he was doing was wrong. I sat him on the chair in the middle of the kitchen and set the oven timer for 1 minute. He got down and banged on the window again (laughing as he did). So I sat him on the chair for another minute. He got down and banged on the window again (still laughing). So he sat for another minute. Then he got down and got distracted with something else.

And here's the fun stuff he's been up to:

Josiah always wants to go outside. So he brings whatever shoes he can find to me to put on. He throws them at my feet, makes his noise, and sits down so that I can put the shoes on. Most recently he has been bringing me Aliza's snow boots. They are 2 sizes too big for him. It is so funny to watch him waddle around in them!

He sat here and played in the dirt for 20 minutes.

We got out the swimming pool this weekend. He didn't get in--just put his hands in. When he touched the water he would laugh.

Today I broke out his bathing suit. I love it on him! He took off before I got his shoes back on him. It didn't slow him down.

Handsome.

Very. Cute. Face. (I kiss those cheeks all the time!)
How lucky was I to catch this look? That is his mischievous face. A rock is in his hand and he is putting it in his mouth. All I have to do is say his name, No, or Hey and he throws it down or spits it out and says No, no, no. So....please explain to me....why does he keep doing it???? We are going to have the cleanest gravel in town because my little boy has licked all the rocks.

No comments: