Sunday, May 3, 2009

This Week

Obviously it's been a bad week if I haven't even posted! I didn't even put up pictures of the tea party my mother-in-law and I attended last weekend. I'm not better, but at the moment I have peace of mind.

Last Friday I started feeling sick and chalked it up to allergies. By Wednesday I wasn't getting better and I was really starting to wonder what was going on. I was feeling nervous and jittery, no appetite, weight falling off of me etc. I was sobbing on Thursday morning and Mom told me to get my thyroid levels tested. I got my blood drawn and was able to get my results on Friday. Thursday night I did not sleep AT ALL. I would lay in bed for 20 minutes or so and my body would just be screaming to get up so I spent most of the night pacing the floor. Friday I got hold of the Doctor. He lowered by thyroid dose based on my symptoms even though the lab results actually suggested that I have almost too little thyroid. Since I've lost so much weight, though, the dose I was on is technically too high.

Friday I spent the night at my parents because I just couldn't handle the chaos and noise of my own house. It's a horrible feeling to feel like I can't handle caring for my children. But right now I can't. I feel weak and tired. I pace and get really shakey feeling on the inside.

Today I got impatient and my mind kept thinking that something else must be wrong for me to feel so bad. So I went to immediate care. The doctor I saw really listened to me and ultimately told me that every symptom I have is thyroid related and I just have to wait for my new dose to take effect. Probably a week or so! He wanted to give me sleeping pills or anti-anxiety, but both of those meds would cancel out my thyroid medicine and defeat the purpose. I'm glad I went though because now I have peace of mind having talked to a professional face-to-face.

I'll let ya'll know when I'm feeling more like myself and in the meantime you are welcome to pray for me and my family!

And below is a picture of my finger wound. It is just about healed a month later. At least one person wished I had posted the gorey wound. You can kindof see how long it is.

4 comments:

Christy said...

I am sorry that you aren't feeling yourself right now. I am glad that you have family close enough to support you when you need it though. I hope the medication starts kicking in soon. Have a better week!

Christie said...

Carla,
I just had a "feeling" something wasn't right with you. Things were so quiet. I am praying for you my friend. Always. You are a wonderful wife and mama. I hope you feel better really soon.
Love,
Christie

Me said...

oh Carla,
I'm so sorry. I know how aweful it is to not feel good enough to keep going and take care of your family. don't feel bad about taking some time to get yourself well again. sure wish i could come over and babysit for a day. please keep us updated on how your are doing. i am praying.

Janel said...

Praying for you as well...