Saturday, May 30, 2009

Indigo

The only flowers in my flower bed this year are perennials--you know, the ones that come back every year even if your flower bed is overtaken with weeds. I'm not sure how a person can feel pride in such a flower bed considering that they did absolutely nothing to help the poor plants grow. But, nonetheless, this is my indigo and I'm proud of it. This is it's 3rd year in my flower bed and every year I hope that it survives and prospers. My Mom brought a start for me from my Grandma's farm house in Ohio. Grandma has since moved to a retirement community and now this plant and the peonies next to it (that also came from my Grandma's house) carry some sentimental value for me. This is the biggest the indigo has gotten and the most blooms it has had. Indigo likes sun so it really helped this plant when we cut down the two trees that were closest to it.

2 comments:

Christy said...

that's pretty! I like that last picture.

Me said...

So Pretty!
I have a lilly that Carlos got me near our wedding date. It gives me a beautiful flower every year right around our anniversary, bringing me great joy and sentiment, despite horrible neglect, and living its last seven years in a tiny pot. I totally identify with this blog entry! :o)