Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas--Round 1

Yesterday was Christmas for the Sheats family. I woke up early, excited to go to Mom and Dad's for Christmas. I thought maybe that waking up early stuff would stop when I turned 30! Oh well. It is always good to go "home" for Christmas even when you are a Mom. When I arrived I found out that my sisters also woke up early! =)

My brother called me first thing in the morning and I looked out the window. The roads were pretty ugly, snow with ice underneath. He didn't sound excited at all about driving on them and since I only live 4 miles from him I figured if he wasn't driving I shouldn't be driving either. He went for a test drive and I got my family ready. The main roads were clear so we drove slow and carefully on the back roads and all of us made it safely to my parents.


Josiah enjoyed the Christmas carols we sang.

Brian gave Caleb a birdhouse that he could put together. Caleb was so proud of it. He told us all about it. That bird house was never far from his side.

Gideon is serious on this picture, but he is full of smiles and giggles these days.

Josiah got a John Deere DVD. He was completely mesmerized by it. My Dad soon sat Josiah on his lap and he stayed there until the DVD was over. I don't think he hardly moved a muscle.

Aliza was given food and a kitchen. She loves it. She does not want to share and the kitchen now resides in her room where Josiah can not get it. She puts the food in and out of the cabinets.
The kitchen came in about a million pieces. Jeremy, Brian and Jeff worked hard to put it together.

Mom surprised me with an attachment for my Kitchen Aid that I didn't think was possible to find. It is a guard for the bowl that has a place to pour the ingredients into the bowl. Anyone who has a Kitchen Aid knows that there is very little room for dump ingredients in the bowl. Now the children will be able to help me bake with a little less mess.

No comments: