Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas--Round 2

Aliza was surprised that today was Christmas. That means that she slept until 7:45! She couldn't wait to go downstairs and see the presents and she was tickled that she had 3 presents since she is 3. She said "Mommy, you count like me!" Of course she opened her 3 presents and wanted more.

Josiah opened his presents with popsicle in hand. He loves his popsicles! And he loved his truck too. He pushed it around and around the house. He was totally engrossed in checking out every inch of it.


Aliza thought it was very neat that her picture and name were in a Dora book. That is a LONG book and I read it multiple times today. I didn't mind. =)

We still have some snow on the ground so we headed over to my parents so that Jeremy could try out his new golf clubs and Aliza could ride her bike. Well, the bike only caused frustration early in the day so she stayed inside. Josiah, on the other hand, was in heaven getting to sit on some of Grandad's old lawnmowers while Jeremy played golf. The temperature was in the 50's so they spent over an hour outside. We all took naps and then had a turkey dinner. For dessert I made this cake--Jesus' birthday cake (Aliza blew out the candles for him.).
When we got home Aliza hopped on her bike again. I was cleaning up the kitchen and she exclaims, "Mommy, I was over there and now I am here!" And off she went on her bike. She was SOOOO excited. It was the icing on my Christmas Day to see her accomplish that. The video below is her riding in our house. Houses with a "circle" come in handy sometimes!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Aliza is burnin' some rubber! Go girl, go!!! Sooo, cute!

Janell said...

that's one happy little girl! what a fun Christmas!