Sunday, November 20, 2011

1st Birthday Party



 Anna's 1st birthday is still a few days away, but yesterday we had her birthday party. It was a fun party. Our house was full of family and adopted family. Anna wasn't quite sure what to think, but she held up great and especially enjoyed her spaghetti and cake!


 Given that I painted a pumpkin on my baby belly last year and had a little pumpkin baby shower, I went with a Darling Little Pumpkin birthday theme.



 Anna wasn't very interested in opening presents. Her brother and sister each had a gift for her. Josiah gave her some of his toys. He said "Anna really likes my toys." Aliza has begged to get a certain Dora blanket for Anna since she was born. I finally gave in and bought it for Aliza to give Anna.



And she is off and running! I realized that I have not seen Anna crawl more than once a day these days.

This is Anna's "I'm ready to get out of the chair" look. She likes spaghetti!
 CAKE!!!!




Including a face plant and licking fingers, Anna finished off her piece of cake.


 I have a super great sister-in-law! Brandi and I spent hours in the kitchen Friday night getting all the little pretties ready for the party. Then she washed dishes for me after the party--and even swept the floor too!!

I have a super great brother-in-law! Joel tirelessly played with Aliza, Josiah and Anna during those hours that Brandi and I were in the kitchen on Friday.

I have a super great mother-in-law! Karen helped me prepare food, put away food and clean up after the party. 

2 comments:

Christie said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful little girl! I can't believe she is a year old! Love the pictures they are so expressive and full of love.
Priceless.

Kelsey said...

I cant believe that anna is already a year old! I remember when she couldnt even sit up! She is so cute!