Saturday, November 5, 2011

Meeting The Nutcracker


 The Eastern Shore Ballet Theatre is performing The Nutcracker in early December. The library hosted a special story time today. The Nutcracker story was read and some of the dancers were introduced. After the story there was a craft, some snacks and the dancers were available to talk and take pictures.

Right away I could tell that Aliza really wanted to talk to the Sugar Plum Fairy. She wasn't sure how to approach her so we went together. After that picture she wanted pictures with everyone. I almost took my camera and then I didn't. What was I thinking? My iphone saved the day, but a lot of the pictures were blurry. (I'm just not talented like that!!)

with Clara



with one of the Arabian dancers

Josiah worked hard on his craft.

Anna stole the spotlight for a few minutes while she met The Nutcracker. She looked at him for the longest time before she took his hand. You could almost read the questions in her mind...Why don't your eyes blink? Why don't you say hi when I say HI to you? I was sortof waiting for her to burst into tears, but she didn't. My little adventurer.


with a Russian dancer

with the toy soldier  

We will definitely be attending the show. Aliza thought it was neat to find out that some of the dancers were in the Snow White show we saw earlier this year. I figured out how much this experience meant to Aliza when she told me that she wanted to make a scrapbook with these pictures. I told her that I had to print them and gather some supplies for her. She is so excited to make a scrapbook with me...she said, Mommy if there was a scrapbook race you would win. Now I'm really kicking myself for the blurry pictures! She'll still have memories...

2 comments:

Karen said...

Delightful! Yes I see Anna's hesitation...Aliza's thrilled and Josiah's diligence:)

Christie said...

I love this post so much. Aliza is adorable. Don't you love it when little kids get "star struck?" It's so darn cute. And, Anna, she is one brave little chica! Both my boys would have freaked if that guy got within 6ft of them for sure! Love this <3