Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Garland

We had a 4 day unit in Bible on Thanksgiving that ended with crafts and a visit from a Pilgrim. The Pilgrim went with the teacher to a Thanksgiving party where she met all of the other K-5 teachers. Aliza watched the lesson twice. She loved seeing all of her teachers together in one place. Each teacher presented a craft and this is the one I decided to use.

It's a Thanksgiving garland. Aliza and Josiah decorated leaves, turkeys, and boy and girl pilgrims. They used mostly glitter glue and pom-poms for decoration. Then we wrote things we are thankful for on strips of red paper. Super easy (except maybe for pre-cutting the shapes!) and fun.

I'm looking forward to lots of family fun the rest of the week. I know things will be festive in my family. My *little* sister and her boyfriend announced their engagement last night!

No comments: