Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Diggin' Holes


 Do you see that hole my son is sitting in? He dug it with his shovel--all by himself! I knew he was out there working with a shovel. He came in once in a while asking me to come out to look at a bug or a worm that he had unearthed. But I didn't realize quite how deep it was. This week he has been working outside with his excavator.


I don't often get a real smile for a picture!!

As you can tell Josiah is outside first thing in the morning in his pajamas. It is just lovely that our fall weather is holding for a little while. At least once a day I have the fleeting thought that I would like my house to be newer or nicer, but that would probably come with a landscaped lawn that I would not want holes dug in. So I'll be thankful for our plot of land that is perfect for my boy. He can dig holes to his heart's content!

(Janell and Brian, I had to think of your endeavors at an underground fort!)

One other memorable story about Josiah. Yesterday Aliza wanted a chair on the porch. Josiah offered to get her one. He came inside and drug out a wooden table chair. He dragged it out of the house and across the deck. When I got to him he was trying to figure out how he was going to get it across the grass to the front porch. I expressed my surprise that he had gotten that far and he said, "Mommy, I'm strong. I'm as strong as a jellybean!!!" I had to stifle the giggles.

1 comment:

pastorvan said...

I really love you guys. Awesome that we will see you in a few weeks. Love, Dad