Tuesday, January 3, 2012

All Yours?

My sister decided on a bridesmaid dress and I needed to go to the store to buy it in my size. It's a long story about why I needed to go get that dress today...but suffice it to say that it was on sale (as in a 50% off sale) and there was only one in my size.

Against my better judgement,  I loaded everyone up after naps and off we went to a women's clothing store. A store that, on any other occasion, I would not have even thought of taking any one of the children with me let alone all three. On the way Aliza and I had a talk about good behavior and acting respectfully. She knew what was expected.

I was able to spot the dress on the clearance rack right away. I grabbed my size and another size that I thought would fit someone else and went to the checkout. The salesperson asked if I was ready for a dressing room. I declined. That would have been a nightmare!

By the time it was my turn to checkout it was obvious that I had 3 children with me. The ladies were talking to Anna and then I mentioned that I had 3 children and she asked, "Are they all yours?" I gave a confident answer of "yes." I question made me laugh because my parents were asked on more than one occasion if the 5 of us children were all theirs. I only have 3 and I got asked that question!? The clerk commented that the other children were quiet. It was true. They were BUSY (checking out all the accessories and trying on a few to my dismay), but quiet.

We made it back to the car. Thankfully it was freezing cold so the children were not tempted to do anything goofy in the parking lot. The fancy dresses did not get hung nicely in the car. They got haphazardly laid across the passenger seat. And the children (and I) got rewarded for a uneventful trip with Chick-Fil-A for supper.

Oh yes! The dress fits perfectly. Just an added bonus.

No comments: