Friday, January 13, 2012

To Nap or Not to Nap

 We are in this odd sort of place with Josiah's afternoon nap. He figured out that Aliza gets to do some fun stuff while he sleeps in the afternoon and as of this week he is determined not to miss out. The problem is that he can keep himself awake only until about 5pm. Yesterday he walked away from his John Deere DVD and built himself a nest on our bed and fell asleep. Today he crawled up on my lap at 4pm and promptly fell asleep. He slept through all the household noise and me picking him up and laying him down--twice. Both days I only let him sleep about half an hour.
Taking a full afternoon nap had been keeping him awake very late at night. This way he does fall asleep earlier at night, but, man, he is grouchy and hard to be around in the evening!

This is a second child quandary for me because when Aliza was at this stage she laid with me in my bed and usually fell asleep. It's also a homeschooling quandary because if Aliza was at school I would still have an empty bed for Josiah to crawl into.

I don't know. It is sortof fun, though, to hold a tired little boy and have him fall asleep in my arms. Oh the joys...and challenges of being a Mommy.

No comments: