Thursday, January 3, 2013

Supposed to Be New

Christmas is over and a new year has started. Nothing feels new though. I have the same children with the same personalities. I still have my same shortcomings and challenges. So I continue...with myself and yet with the change of the year a chance to sort of start new and fresh.

I read a book over the weekend called Hope for the Weary Mom. I read it really fast because it was so encouraging and filled my soul with renewed hope and life. The next book that I immediately picked up was One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I've only read the first chapter, but I've already decided that I'm going to do her Joy Dare--a dare to live life fully right where you are.

Each day there is a prompt to look for 3 gifts during the day. I have a handy dandy One Thousand Gifts app on my phone where I'm going to document my gifts during the day. If all goes well I just may post my gifts on a monthly basis. We'll see what happens.

This is do know--this year I'm going to live life fully right where I am!

No comments: