Monday, March 18, 2013

Snow?!


 We woke up to a wet slushy whiteness on the ground and snow falling pretty steady. It didn't amount to more than this and was melted by midmorning. Hopefully this will be the last of the snow we see this year! I'm ready for a new room to be added to our house--the great backyard.

Any amount of snow calls for youngsters to bundle up and tromp through it. Today was no exception. Like every male, Josiah wanted to see what his gator could do in the snow. He was quite dejected when the tires caked with slush could no longer turn.
Aliza took her "girls" for a walk in the snow. Thanks to Aunt Janell we are borrowing this doll stroller for a few days.
 And the obligatory snow angel.
Changing subject...I made a Bacon-Cheddar Cauliflower Chowder for supper tonight. It was pretty easy to make and it was a believable alternative to Potato Soup. Aliza ate it. I think that was partially due to the extra bacon I put in. She loves potato soup that I make and I was going to be really surprised if it fooled her. She asked me to please make the potato soup that she likes again.

Another subject...Aliza will finish first grade history on Wednesday. I told her tonight and she must have been really tired because she cried and cried. She was so sad to say good bye to her teacher and not be able to watch the lessons again. It's just history...we aren't finished with school for the summer! I'm sure hoping that blows over by morning.

No comments: