Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Back Alley Garden Tour & Tea

I wish I knew how many years I've been going on this garden tour. It's been a lot! This year I had both of my girls with me, my mother in law, my sister in law and my friend--wonderful company! It was a rainy day, but that didn't keep us from enjoying the day. We had our umbrellas and good attitudes.
This was Anna's first garden tour. She was pure sunshine. I think she sang a made up "I love the rainy days" song just about the whole day.
Aliza was also really great on the tour. I heard her ask questions or make comments to the home owners on several occasions. She was particularly thrilled to find the Travelocity gnome in one garden. Travelocity is a sponsor of the show Amazing Race and Aliza was VERY anxious to start watching the most recent race now that school is finished.
There are so many styles of gardens on the tour. I was taking particular notice of all the colors and variety of iris. Bleeding hearts are unique flowers that catch my eye too.




We concluded our tour with tea. This year we got to choose our 3 savories and 3 sweets. I believe that Anna ate her weight in sugar cubes (not quite!) but she ate a lot of sugar cubes.



No comments: