Monday, May 16, 2016

Ending the School Year Well

I had planned for today to be the last day of school, but Josiah realized he only had 3 lessons left so he finished last Thursday and Aliza worked hard and finished on Friday. This is our earliest finish. It feels good. I am very pleased with what the children learned this year academically, developmentally and spiritually. I feel like we are on a good path--one that fits our family well.

So tonight we celebrated with Grandma and Granddad. A meal and the children showing their work. Aliza called dessert her "bowl of deliciousness." I wholeheartedly agree!
Aliza finished 4th grade. She learned long division and multiplication and passed my knowledge of geometry (lol). Her English accomplishment was a research report which included an outline, taking notes, writing the report and a bibliography.
Josiah finished 2nd grade. He became a proficient reader this year--reading for pleasure and on his own. Learning cursive and writing a report about an animal that included outside sources were big accomplishments.
Anna also finished PreK. She had her notebook of work out, but she was more interested in showing everyone her latest gymnastics stunts. Her handstand is getting up there. She's practicing that as much as she practiced cartwheels a couple years ago.
What a gift it is for me to have parents and parents in law who are so supportive of our homeschooling. Aliza sat herself right there between my Mom and I while we tried to have a conversation. =)

No comments: