Sunday, May 13, 2012

Daytime Camping


 Mother's Day=Family Time. I had the realization this week that if I could choose anything to do on Mother's Day I would want to be with my children. Of course, that makes logical sense, but for a Mom who is always with her children, it was a little surprising for me. I did have a bit of time alone this morning--enough to do a scrapbook page--while Jeremy took the children shopping. They came home to proudly present me with Littlest Pet Shop toys that, ahem, they were very excited to open!!! Before that my day started with breakfast in bed. Aliza and Josiah snuggled right in with me. Aliza wanted the bacon. Josiah wanted the eggs and some milk to drink. =)

Camping has been a frequent topic of conversation. Aliza has made lists of supplies needed for a camping trip. We do not have camping equipment. Anna is not at an age where she is going to sleep well in a tent. And I'm pretty sure that as soon as night hits the older ones aren't going to be very excited about camping. So I had the bright idea to have a day time camping trip in our backyard. We set up the small tent we have. We would have had a camp fire if it wasn't so breezy. We had a picnic lunch and took naps in the tent.

I should say Josiah took a nap in the tent. We put 4 people in a 2 person tent. It was hot. Aliza was wiggly. When she started complaining I excitedly told her we were camping! It was a lovely day and we had fun, however; I'm not ready to take this family camping!
We ate supper at Friendly's. The biggest mistake we've made recently. I thought ice cream would be good for a camping day. Let's just say that an hour and a half to get food and ice cream is just too long. And after telling Josiah way too many times to sit down, I was losing my cool. I couldn't keep a straight face, though, when, during one of those many reminders to sit down, Josiah told his Dad that "my sitter is broken."

Then I got to go see my Mom. That always makes me happy. Aliza was offended that I was the one driving home because Mommy was not supposed to do any work. Josiah declared he loves Mother's Day and he's ready for Kid's Day now. It's all about the presents!

I'm a very blessed Mama.

No comments: