Thursday, May 31, 2012

Spring Review


I had our spring review with the Board of Education this week. I took Aliza with me and she was awesome--with a capital A!! All positive comments with exclamation points and comments like "I enjoyed talking with Aliza." And "I look forward to seeing you next time." I left with a completely different feeling than the first time.

Aliza was proud to show the reviewer all of her work. She answered all of her questions...counted by 5's, read a page of one of her books, and counted to 10 in Spanish. The reviewer told Aliza that she has done a lot of work and should be proud of herself. She told me that it is clear that Aliza is at or above grade level.

It was nice to hear. (Not that she could really evaluate that in the brief time she was with us, but it was nice to hear just the same!)

Aliza made me laugh today. Someone asked her how old she was. She said I'm 6 and I'm in vacation grade. Now it's time to pack away kindergarten and enjoy summer!

No comments: