Thursday, May 10, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation


 Aliza and I have been counting down to the last day of school for a couple weeks now. Today was the day! Aliza woke up ready to start school. I held her off until 7:50am and we were finished at 9:20am. By far, our earliest and most efficient day of school! The last lesson was meant to be special. The teachers had a poem party and a "graduation" for the kindergarten mascot, Hopscotch. There were two segment of clips of activities from the year that brought back a lot of memories for Aliza. At the end of the lesson she cried...they were happy and sad tears. She will miss her teachers and her kindergarten character friends. Feelings very normal for a kindergartener.

My parents came over for a celebration supper and we decided to show 2 parts of the DVD lesson tonight. Aliza was very proud of her herself tonight.

Aliza was excited to read her chapter book to Grandad. It was called "The Fishing Trip." Her Grandad loves to fish. Aliza thought the book was pretty funny because no one caught a fish!
We had tacos for supper and cake for dessert. I had the cake decorated and then Aliza added her touch... I can't really explain this. It was a bunch of Lalaloopsy dolls, pets and accessories. Each person was supposed to pick what doll they wanted and they received the piece of cake under that doll. Some had very small pieces of cake! The whole thing just made me laugh.
 I laid out all of Aliza's work for the year. It was really fun to see how proud she was to read and show Grandma and Grandad her work.
 Aliza learned 35 service/sight words. She knows them very well. Her pattern is to say the word and use the word in a sentence.
 My Kindergarten Graduate with her diploma.


 Finally, Aliza wanted to graduation picture of her holding her littlest pet shop bunnies.
When we showed the DVD this evening and gave Aliza her diploma we were able to use Face Time so that Grandma and Grandpa could be with us. That was a special bonus memory to add to our evening.

I'm super proud of Aliza. She is prepared for first grade. I shed some tears today, but we'll save my reflections on the school year for another post!

No comments: