Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Today In Our House

 Aliza wanted to make rainbow salad. She saw the idea on a PBS show, but it was a rainbow lettuce salad. I knew there was no way these children were going to eat salad so we compromised on a rainbow fruit salad. I went grocery shopping last night and first thing this morning we were making rainbow salad. Josiah made his in a bowl and Aliza made her in a rainbow.
 Anna is 18 months old today. She is so big and so little all at the same time. I'm glad she still has those wonderfully kissable baby cheeks. It is fun that she has learned to nod her head "yes"--that really increases the level of communication. Aliza and Josiah taught her to say (very loudly) HEY, YOU GUYS! In a very drawn our manner. From the Electric Company show on PBS. In Anna talk it sounds like, "A, OO, EYES"
 And tonight, for the first time, Aliza initiated reading a book outside of her school readers. It was the three books in the picture. I was ready for her to go to bed, but I hated to stop the reading when she wanted so badly to continue. I let her and she was yawning and exhausted when I tucked her in. I have to say that I was very proud of her. My Mommy teacher heart was skipping a beat. I did it! I taught my daughter to read (with the help of her distance learning teachers, of course)!!!

No comments: