Saturday, May 19, 2012

The "Great" Visit


 For many years I lived many states away from my Grandparents and cousins. I still live many states away from cousins, but now I have the privilege of being able to visit my grandparents. This was one of those days. A picnic was planned. A Gramma picnic! We moved the table into the shop because it was pretty windy, but it was sunny and warm.

Gramma's idea of "roughing it" is using towels for tableclothes and folding chairs! As you can see there was no lack of food...there was even jello in individual glass dishes. Anna carried one of those around the yard and it didn't break. (That was lucky!)
The boys ate in the wagon.
 The girls ate under the princess umbrella.
 A big attraction that day was the equipment working on the road in front of the house. My Dad walked out to the road with the boys so they could watch the steam roller work. Renee and Anna took off after them. Aliza caught up with Renee and took her hand.
Four generations living in such close proximity is such an amazing gift. Family is so very important.

No comments: