Sunday, May 20, 2012

Garden Tour

My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and I did the Back Alley Garden Tour and Tea in Shephardstown, WV this weekend. Every year the gardens are amazing. My favorite gardens are ones that are hidden until you walk through the gate. Then you walk through the gate to a hidden little world that takes your breath away for a moment. Karen is good at remembering the gardens from year to year. I lose track of them and they are all brand new to me!

I knew you could plant the tops of pineapples. This one is reproducing!


 Oregon Grape Holly. We saw this plant several times during the tour. We wondered if the grapes are edible.
 A mirror in the garden. This particular garden had mirrors hidden throughout. The owner feels that mirrors add an additional dimension to the garden because when you look in the mirror you see different things. I had Jeremy's camera today. No blurry pictures!
 I should make this.
It was a most perfect day for a walk. Once again I very much enjoyed the tour...and the lovely ladies I was with!

No comments: