Saturday, March 12, 2011

Aliza's Birthday Party

Aliza was feverish and miserable on her birthday. I was so disappointed for her. She said she was going to smile all day because it was her birthday. Aliza had a great attitude. She sat up long enough to open up her presents and put her Strawberry Shortcake costume on.



Aliza's birthday party was scheduled for the day after her birthday. I really thought Josiah was getting better that day. He didn't have a fever and was more active. Aliza had a bit more energy and Tylenol in the morning kept her fever down. (Little did I know that night would be horrible!) Jeremy's parents came for the party so I decided to just keep it as scheduled. Aliza had a super attitude when several people decided to avoid the germs and skip the party. She said, "It's ok. We'll take lots of pictures and put them on Facebook." For Aliza, the most enjoyable part of her birthday was the anticipation, the decorating and the planning.

One of the things Aliza really wanted was Strawberry Shortcake's friends. I splurged when I found them. I just couldn't resist. I think she was surprised when she saw her cake.
The decorations were completely Aliza's idea. The papers on the wall have Strawberry Shortcake stickers on them. She picked out the streamers and told me she wanted a line of yellow and a line of pink. Aliza has printed and cut out many, many Strawberry Shortcake friends. She wanted a friend where the streamers went "up."

Strawberry Shortcake. My Little Pony. Princess. Crafts.

The other thing Aliza really wanted was a pinata. I'm glad I found one one sale! Aliza picked a string to pull first and she picked the one that opened the pinata.

Aliza, Grandma Karen and I took a trip to Wal-Mart together. Aliza got to choose one thing as her gift from Grandma and Grandpa. The only stipulation that Grandma gave her was that it had to cost less than a thousand dollars. This was the hardest decision that Aliza ever had to make. She would narrow it down to 2 or 3 toys and then she just couldn't decide or she would see something else. I had to tell her that a few things cost a "thousand" dollars. Ultimately she narrowed it down to 2 things and said, "Mommy, you choose."

I can't believe I have a 5 year old. It feels like I've entered a new era in parenting.

1 comment:

Christy said...

what a sweetie! and what a great sport! It really stinks to be sick on your birthday. =( Your "thousand dollar" story made me laugh.