- Jury duty. I have the privilege (?) of doing my civic duty in April. This means I can not plan more than the evening ahead. I hate imposing on people, even people who love me, for child care. When I ask for child care I would prefer for it to be for something that I really want to do. Just sayin...
- Material things. This topic needs a post of its own. I'll work on that.
- My neighbor had us over for lunch this week. She also invited my 93 year old neighbor so that she could hold Anna. It was a lovely lunch and my children ate and behaved so well.
- I have seen marked behavior improvement recently. I give a lot of credit for that to our meal time rules.
- On the other hand, we had a horrible play date this week. It was with Mom's that I didn't know well and I had both of the older ones in time out. Embarrassing.
- I'm still processing my MOPS experience.
- Jeremy and I had a night alone last weekend. We attended a friend's ordination service. It was very nice to have some dedicated couple time.
- This week I am consciously slowing down our schedule.
- People who are disloyal disturb me.
- Josiah was wearing earrings and necklaces when he greeted Jeremy tonight.
- I still look at Aliza and can't believe I have a 5 year old.
- And I've decided that Anna is just growing up too fast.
- Like many other Moms I am so so so so ready for sun and warm weather. Our baby swing is already up and waiting.
- I desperately need to be more creative in entertaining Aliza on the afternoons she doesn't nap. My excuse for now is that there will be school in the fall.
- Tonight I finished a scrapbook of Josiah's 1st and 2nd year--ending with his 3rd birthday. I must look at it now so that I can be reminded how fast time flies. And then I'll go kiss his cheek and shed a few tears because he is so handsome and sweet and funny and cuddly and going to grow up and leave home way too soon!! (I won't do that last part, but that's what I'll feel like doing.)
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
On My Mind
It's one of those weeks where my thoughts are scattered. Here's what is on my mind.