Thursday, March 24, 2011

Unpacking Treasures

This week my grandparents have been moving in to their apartment (a renovated garage attached to my parents home). There is not much I can do to help, but tonight I went over and helped Gramma and my Mom unpack and arrange the corner cupboard and china cupboard. I was really pleased to be able to help.



Many of the pieces have been in the family for several generations. My Gramma was so happy to see her treasures again. Gramma counted 60 teacups in that china cupboard. I arranged them to her specifications. She has a bottom shelf yet that used to house a set of china.

I jokingly said my children would not be allowed in her house. I really meant it though. I know it will be impossible to keep them out completely, but, my oh my, there is SO much glass.

No comments: