Thursday, March 10, 2011

Josiah's Party

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming... It sure is nice to have everyone feeling better.

Josiah's birthday party was perfect. He absolutely loved it. The next morning he woke up and told me that he lost his birthday party. He wanted it back.

Before his party started he could hardly contain his excitement. He and I were talking about what was going to happen at his party and he stopped, thought for a second and said "Thanks Mom" and gave me a big hug. All my efforts were totally worth. (The moment made his Grandma Karen cry!)

Trucks, tractors and tools. That sums up the party. Meghan helped me with his cake. I was thrilled to find these candy filled tools for favors.

Josiah was so excited about his cake. I had an extra truck that I gave him. I also gave him free run of the back of the cake. He drove his truck and tasted the frosting.

A shovel and rake just his size. That's a craftsman shovel. He can abuse it however he pleases...it can be replaced for free. Thanks Grandad!

Caleb's idea for a gift for Josiah was a tractor calendar. Perfect. 3 year old Caleb knew just what his 3 year old cousin would like.

Josiah thanked everyone and just genuinely enjoyed every gift. Of course all of his gifts were trucks, trains, tractors, or tools!!!

He was exhausted by the end of the evening. At 7:30 he said he was tired and asked to go to bed. He took his trucks and tractors upstairs, played for a little while and then went to sleep. Little did I know he was getting sick.

No comments: